Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Guiding an American Family from Texas around Kamakura

[Date & Time] Wednesday, January 1, at 11:00~
16:00
[Spots] Kamakura Hiking Trail and other places, Hasedera Temple, and Komachi Dori Street
[Visitors] An American couple and their two children (4 in total)
[Attendant] 1 KSGG member
[Language] English

At first I guided them to Jufukuji Temple and we saw yagura (grotto) in , in which Hojo Masako and her son Sanetomo lay at rest.  Then we walked along the slope and reached Genjiyama Park.  They praised the statue of the first Shogun Minamoto no Yoritomo as if he had been alive.  At Zeniarai Benzaiten Ugafuku Shrine, I explained the legend that your money will increase if you wash your money with the water of that spring.  We walked along Daibutsu hiking trail and reached Kotokuin Temple. They entered the inside of the statue of the Great Buddha.  After lunch I presented them Japanese paper dolls.  At Hasedera Temple, I explained that Hasedera Temple is the second oldest temple in Kamakura and that beautiful hydrangeas bloom in June every year.