Saturday, September 4, 2010

Guiding an Italian around Kamakura

[Date&Time] Saturday, September 4, at 10:00~18:00
[Spots] Hasedera Temple, Kotokuin Temple (Great Buddha), Hokokuji Temple, and Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine
[Visitor] An Italian Woman
[Attendant] 1 KSGG member
[Language] English

The visitor, Ms. V, who came to Japan to get some training, wanted to spend a day of her two weekends in touring Kamakura during her stay in Japan. As it was really a very hot day, we were very much annoyed by intense heat. .
After visiting Hasedera Temple and Kotokuin Temple (Great Buddha), we came back to Kamakura Station and had lunch at a Japanese restaurant in front of the station. Seemingly, she liked the color and the taste of the dish. Then we strolled in Hokokuji Temple, Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, and Komachidori Street. Since I had often toured these places, I could enjoy guiding her smoothly.
While I was showing her around, she said that she had been to Nikko, Asakusa, Ueno, and Tokyo Tower and, on top of that, she had participated in a marathon around the Imperial Palace, which was invited by her colleague of the Tokyo office. She was such a very active, energetic woman.
Shortly afterward, I received a thank-you e-mail from her. I am very happy to know that she appreciated KSGG’s activity and the fascination of Japan through that tour.