
[Date & Time] Friday, September 10, at 10:00~16:00
[Place] Jufukuji Temple, Genjiyama Park, Zeniarai Benten Shrine, Sasuke Inari Shrine, Kotokuin Temple (Great Buddha), Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, and Komachidori Street.
[Visitors] 2 Singaporean women (Aunt and Niece)
[Attendant] 1 KSGG member
[Language] English
I met a lovely girl and a beautiful lady at 10 o’clock in front of Kamakura Station. Since I had interchanged a lot of e-mails and my photos with them in advance, I felt they were like old acquaintances of mine when I met them. I asked them to sign their names on “Records of Guide” at once, as confirmed by e-mail in advance, giving them a small map to make sure of their trip. On the way, we talked a lot about Japan and Singapore. Despite my image of Singapore being ahead in ecology, I learned that they still have not collected garbage by type there. When they saw Japanese children walking home from school by themselves, they said, “It is very safe here in Japan; it is awful for us to leave our children alone in our country.”
We had them enjoy a hike, which they had not accustomed themselves to, from Jufukuji Temple to the Great Buddha via Genjiyama Park, Zeniarai Benten Shrine, and Sasuke Inari Shrine. Near Hase Station they bought some presents for their children at a 100-yen shop, and then we went to Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine and Komachi dori Street, where they enjoyed shopping bags and shawls, and I waved to them in farewell.
[Place] Jufukuji Temple, Genjiyama Park, Zeniarai Benten Shrine, Sasuke Inari Shrine, Kotokuin Temple (Great Buddha), Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, and Komachidori Street.
[Visitors] 2 Singaporean women (Aunt and Niece)
[Attendant] 1 KSGG member
[Language] English
I met a lovely girl and a beautiful lady at 10 o’clock in front of Kamakura Station. Since I had interchanged a lot of e-mails and my photos with them in advance, I felt they were like old acquaintances of mine when I met them. I asked them to sign their names on “Records of Guide” at once, as confirmed by e-mail in advance, giving them a small map to make sure of their trip. On the way, we talked a lot about Japan and Singapore. Despite my image of Singapore being ahead in ecology, I learned that they still have not collected garbage by type there. When they saw Japanese children walking home from school by themselves, they said, “It is very safe here in Japan; it is awful for us to leave our children alone in our country.”
We had them enjoy a hike, which they had not accustomed themselves to, from Jufukuji Temple to the Great Buddha via Genjiyama Park, Zeniarai Benten Shrine, and Sasuke Inari Shrine. Near Hase Station they bought some presents for their children at a 100-yen shop, and then we went to Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine and Komachi dori Street, where they enjoyed shopping bags and shawls, and I waved to them in farewell.