Saturday, September 4, 2010

Guiding JICA Participants around Kamakura



[Date and Time] Saturday, September 4, at 11:00~16:40
[Spots] Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, Hasedera Temple, and Kotokuin Temple (Great Buddha)
[Visitors] 23 participants from 11 countries, with 4 from Pakistan, 3 each from Nepal, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, and India, 2 from Bangladesh, and 1 each from China, Colombia, Afghanistan, the Philippines, and Cambodia
[Attendants] 21 KSGG members and 3 observers

Whenever I guide JICA participants around Kamakura, I always admire that they never show tiredness no matter how tired they really are, and that they listen to me attentively with a smile.
On our way to Kamakura by Enoden, it seemed that the beautiful scenery of Enoshima Island in the vast Sagami Bay had given them some relaxation, energy, and encouragement as they were from distant countries. When one of them, whose country is landlocked, said to me, “If my country isn’t landlocked, then I can see a beautiful island like Enoshima, can’t I?”, I said to him, “Of course, you can.”
In the afternoon we went to Hasedera Temple and Kotokuin Temple (Great Buddha). One participant from Nepal said to me seriously, “I love the Great Buddha very much. He was born in the Himalayas.”