[Date and Time] Sunday, September 19, at 10:00~15:45
[Spots] Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, Hasedera Temple, and Kotokuin Temple (Great Buddha)
[Visitors] 67 AOTS trainees from 8 countries, with 27 from China, 19 from Thailand, 6 from the Philippines, 5 each from Vietnam and Malaysia, 2 each from Indonesia and Brazil, and 1 from Argentina
[Occupations] Automotive, Computer software, Camera, Electric equipment, etc.
[Attendants] 19 KSGG members and 1 observer
[Languages] English, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Spanish, and Portuguese
It is only less than two weeks since the trainees started to learn Japanese. KSGG members who can speak Spanish or Portuguese joined the tour and we guided them using 5 languages. The trainees showed interest in samurai and also asked about ninja, or samurai who were engaged in espionage using special tools and weapons. I would take some pictures of them next time. When I showed them a portrait of Yoritomo in samurai outfit and pictures of Yabusame, or horseback archery, they looked eager to come here again to see the event. On our way back, when one of the trainees said in the train, “I had a very good time today,” showing me a photo of his family on his cellphone, I was very much pleased with his words.
Guiding them around Kamakura with Beautiful Hagi, or Japanese Bush Clovers
It was a day, even in the hot sunshine of summer, when we could feel signs of autumn.
I guided one of the groups in Chinese. We walked through Dan-kazura to visit Hachimangu Shrine. Luckily, a wedding ceremony was going on at its Maiden stage. The trainees were excited and took a lot of pictures of it. I understand that they might not always feel happy here in Japan, but hope that they will do their best until the day when they go back and show the pictures of the wedding ceremony to their family and friends back in their countries.
After we enjoyed the tour around the shrine, we had lunch in the cool of the restaurant. To our surprise, there was a menu written in Chinese there. It said soba, or buckwheat noodles, and donburi, or rice bowl dish. Also, as it showed a good design of food to be served on top of soba and rice, everyone could see at a glance what the dishes were.
As it was one of the three consecutive holidays, there were many tourists and visitors in Kamakura, which delayed and overcrowded buses and trains. Even in such conditions, as they behaved very carefully, calling out one another, I could see the bright future of China through their fine manners. I hope that today’s tour around Kamakura will be engraved on their minds.
[Spots] Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, Hasedera Temple, and Kotokuin Temple (Great Buddha)
[Visitors] 67 AOTS trainees from 8 countries, with 27 from China, 19 from Thailand, 6 from the Philippines, 5 each from Vietnam and Malaysia, 2 each from Indonesia and Brazil, and 1 from Argentina
[Occupations] Automotive, Computer software, Camera, Electric equipment, etc.
[Attendants] 19 KSGG members and 1 observer
[Languages] English, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Spanish, and Portuguese
It is only less than two weeks since the trainees started to learn Japanese. KSGG members who can speak Spanish or Portuguese joined the tour and we guided them using 5 languages. The trainees showed interest in samurai and also asked about ninja, or samurai who were engaged in espionage using special tools and weapons. I would take some pictures of them next time. When I showed them a portrait of Yoritomo in samurai outfit and pictures of Yabusame, or horseback archery, they looked eager to come here again to see the event. On our way back, when one of the trainees said in the train, “I had a very good time today,” showing me a photo of his family on his cellphone, I was very much pleased with his words.
Guiding them around Kamakura with Beautiful Hagi, or Japanese Bush Clovers
It was a day, even in the hot sunshine of summer, when we could feel signs of autumn.
I guided one of the groups in Chinese. We walked through Dan-kazura to visit Hachimangu Shrine. Luckily, a wedding ceremony was going on at its Maiden stage. The trainees were excited and took a lot of pictures of it. I understand that they might not always feel happy here in Japan, but hope that they will do their best until the day when they go back and show the pictures of the wedding ceremony to their family and friends back in their countries.
After we enjoyed the tour around the shrine, we had lunch in the cool of the restaurant. To our surprise, there was a menu written in Chinese there. It said soba, or buckwheat noodles, and donburi, or rice bowl dish. Also, as it showed a good design of food to be served on top of soba and rice, everyone could see at a glance what the dishes were.
As it was one of the three consecutive holidays, there were many tourists and visitors in Kamakura, which delayed and overcrowded buses and trains. Even in such conditions, as they behaved very carefully, calling out one another, I could see the bright future of China through their fine manners. I hope that today’s tour around Kamakura will be engraved on their minds.