Saturday, August 24, 2013

Guiding a German Lady around Kawasaki


[Date & Time]  Saturday, August 24, at 13:30~17:50
[Spots] Kawasaki City Museum and Kawasaki Daishi Heikenji Temple
[Visitors] A German woman
[Language] English
[Attendant] 1 KSGG member

We took a bus to Kawasaki City Museum from Musashikosugi Station. At the Manga  (Comic) +Plus Exhibition, comics of familiar characters were exhibited.  Since both of us were manga lovers, we were really excited about the comic exhibition. After that we enjoyed the historical exhibits of Kawasaki. Coming back to Musashikosugi Station, we headed for Kawasaki Daishi Heikenji Temple.  In the train, as I heard she had visited Sensoji Temple, I told her that Mr. Minoru Ooka designed both Sensoji Temple  and Kawasaki Daishi Temple.  On the spot, I pointed out the similarity in the large sanmon (temple gate) and the shape of the roof of the main hall between these two temples.  She took a lot of pictures saying, “They are similar...” I was relieved that she was so glad at my Omotenashi (hospitality).