[Date & Time] Thursday, August 8, 16:30-18:30 [Spots] The Landmark Tower, Dockyard Garden, PACIFICO Yokohama, Red Brick Warehouse, Zou-no-Hana Park, and Osanbashi Yokohama International Passenger Terminal
[Visitors] a Spanish Couple
[Language] Spanish
[Attendant] 1 KSGG member
I met the visitors at Sakuragicho Station and started guiding by explaining the relief of Edmund Morel, who had contributed to the building of the railroad system in Japan. In Cupnoodles Museum, the visitors were fully satisfied to see the packages of foreign instant noodle exhibited in a room. In Yokohama Red Brick Warehouse, the wife bought a furoshiki (wrapping cloth) and a handle to change her furoshiki into a handbag at a shop where I took her. On our way, I explained about the history of the port of Yokohama, Sakuragicho, and the redevelopment of Minato Mirai 21. I did my best to have them understand the history of Kannai after Yokohama opened its door to foreign countries. They were impressed with the fantastic scene of Osanbashi Yokohama International Passenger Terminal where the lights began to go on.