Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Guiding Participants of International Conference of National Institute of Informatics (NII) held at Shonan International Village around Kamakura

[Date & Time] Wednesday, March 26, 13:30~17:30
[Spots] Kotokuin Temple (Great Buddha), Hasedera Temple, Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, and Komachi Dori Street
[Visitors] 12 visitors, with 2 each from the U.S. and Taiwan, 1 each from Sweden, Spain, and England, and 5 from Japan
[Attendants] 2 KSGG members
[Language] English

On the bus, I explained about today’s Kamakura and its history.  I also explained about Buddhism and Shinto.   An American, a professor of Wisconsin State University, is friendly toward Japan, as he has come to Japan many times.  A professor of Taipei University from Taiwan, who doesn’t speak Japanese, feels close to Japan as his 82-year-old mother can speak Japanese.  At temples and shrines, we guided all of them together, because the number of the participants was small.  However, I struggled to keep them together.  Lastly, we strolled along Komochi Dori Street and I saw them off as scheduled.