
[Date & Time] Tuesday, June 29, at 9:40~16:30
[Spots] JR Sakuragicho Station, Yokohama Landmark Tower’s Sky Garden, Mitsubishi Minatomirai Industrial Museum, Landmark Plaza (lunch and shopping), Yokohama Cosmo World, Pacifico Yokohama, Minato Mirai Pukarisanbashi Pier (“Sea Bass”), and Yokohama Sogo Department Store
[Visitors] 2 teachers and 12 high school students from Mary MacKillop College (Brisbane, Qld., Australia)
[Attendants] 2 KSGG members
[Language] English
Mr. G, who teaches Japanese and had visited Japan several times, knew much about Yokohama. He told me that the students were a little tired when I called him the day before. As it had been muggy for days, I changed my plan into one staying indoors as long as possible, leaving it to the free pace of the friendly teachers and their obedient students who didn’t like to have a tight schedule. As a result, they could spend their time flexibly and leisurely. What pleased these students most were “Cosmo Clock 21” Ferris wheel and shopping, while what made the teachers happy was their first visit to Mitsubishi Minatomirai Industrial Museum. As the curator of this museum made a welcome speech and its volunteers explained displays of the state-of-the-art technology of each zone, our visitors could really enjoy its expertise. I heard that they had learned about KSGG through JNTO’s website. They toured through Nara, Kyoto, and Hiroshima, guided by local SGG members in each city. During the last half of their two-week tour, they were to stay in the Kanto district. They said, “We went to Hakone yesterday, guided by Odawara Hakone SGG members.” As they would like to fully enjoy themselves in Tokyo Disney Sea the next day, they were very glad to have a relaxing tour because of my decent schedule. I felt a little sad when I said goodbye to the cheerful teachers and the cute high school students
[Spots] JR Sakuragicho Station, Yokohama Landmark Tower’s Sky Garden, Mitsubishi Minatomirai Industrial Museum, Landmark Plaza (lunch and shopping), Yokohama Cosmo World, Pacifico Yokohama, Minato Mirai Pukarisanbashi Pier (“Sea Bass”), and Yokohama Sogo Department Store
[Visitors] 2 teachers and 12 high school students from Mary MacKillop College (Brisbane, Qld., Australia)
[Attendants] 2 KSGG members
[Language] English
Mr. G, who teaches Japanese and had visited Japan several times, knew much about Yokohama. He told me that the students were a little tired when I called him the day before. As it had been muggy for days, I changed my plan into one staying indoors as long as possible, leaving it to the free pace of the friendly teachers and their obedient students who didn’t like to have a tight schedule. As a result, they could spend their time flexibly and leisurely. What pleased these students most were “Cosmo Clock 21” Ferris wheel and shopping, while what made the teachers happy was their first visit to Mitsubishi Minatomirai Industrial Museum. As the curator of this museum made a welcome speech and its volunteers explained displays of the state-of-the-art technology of each zone, our visitors could really enjoy its expertise. I heard that they had learned about KSGG through JNTO’s website. They toured through Nara, Kyoto, and Hiroshima, guided by local SGG members in each city. During the last half of their two-week tour, they were to stay in the Kanto district. They said, “We went to Hakone yesterday, guided by Odawara Hakone SGG members.” As they would like to fully enjoy themselves in Tokyo Disney Sea the next day, they were very glad to have a relaxing tour because of my decent schedule. I felt a little sad when I said goodbye to the cheerful teachers and the cute high school students