[Date and Time] Monday, June 21, at 12:00~16:10
[Place] Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, Komachidori Street, Hasedera Temple, and Kotokuin Temple (Great Buddha)
[Visitor] An American Female
[Language] English
[Attendant] 1 KSGG member
The visitor is the manager of a food company in Wisconsin. At first I took her to a soba noodle restaurant by her request. She said, “Tempura was delicious.” Then we visited the places according to schedule, but she never said, “I’m tired.” So we kept on walking on schedule. Three weeks before, when she ate Sushi in Milwaukee for the first time, her 14-year-old son and 12-year-old daughter asked her to buy chopsticks for them as a souvenir. So she looked very careful and serious when she was selecting them.
The visitor looked very much impressed by Hasedera Temple’s beautiful garden filled with hydrangea flowers in full bloom, and by the history of the Great Buddha. Since I used to live in Illinois next to Wisconsin a long time ago, I told her for a change of air that I would often take my family to Wisconsin at weekends. Anyway, thanks to her, I could really enjoy guiding her.