Sunday, June 13, 2010

Guiding AOTS Trainees around Kamakura


[Date and Time] Sunday, June 13, at 10:00~15:45
[Spots] Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, Hasedera Temple, and Kotokuin Temple (Great Buddha)
[Visitors] 68 foreigners from 7 countries, with 21 from Thailand, 11 from China, 10 from India, 9 from the Philippines, 7 from Vietnam, and 5 each from Indonesia and Malaysia.
[Jobs] Automobile, turbine, oil and gas, hard disc, etc.
[Languages] English, Chinese, Japanese, and Thai
[Attendants] 20 KSGG members

The trainees are learning Japanese hard at YKC. There were few KSGG members who spoke Thai, but I thought it necessary for these trainees to have an opportunity like this in the process of associating with us Japanese.
I understand that the Great Buddha used to be in a thickly wooded hill and that people visited the Buddha in a rickshaw. I hear that it is washed with water twice a year. Some people say that anyone who goes into the Buddha’s insides could be given a greater power. The trainees who had come to Japan on June 1 were allowed to act free on their way back at Hase, Kamakura, Ofuna, and Shin-Sugita Stations. How vigorous they were! I felt relief at their smiles on their faces.

Guiding the Trainees Feeling their Kindnesses

I covered a Thai group of 7 members. Unfortunately, we were unable to see any wedding ceremony at Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, but, as the weather was good, we could visit Maruyama Inari Shrine. They all looked relaxed and happy. At Hasedera Temple, we looked up at hydrangeas from Rinzo. All of us were absorbed in the view. At Kotokuin Temple, everyone gave an exclamation at the sight of the Great Buddha.
During the tour, everyone was very cooperative. When I turned around to confirm the number of participants, even the one far away from me raised his hand to let me know his presence. If someone is missing, everyone was kind enough to look for him. When the tour was over, I realized that I was guiding them by myself, feeling their kindness all over.