Thursday, October 22, 2009

Guiding German visitors around Kamakura--Japan is an attractive country


[Date and Time] Thursday, October 22, at 11:00~13:30
[Spots] Kotokuin Temple (Great Buddha) and Hasedera Temple
[Visitors] 5 Germans and their 9 Japanese attendants
[Attendants] 2 KSGG members
[Language] English

We received a request for guide from the Friendship Force of Tokyo for the first time. It seems that our services could meet their expectations, for we were given words of gratitude from their secretariat after lunch. Also, he commented that they would take more time for our explanations from the next time.
One female visitor said, “Japan is a very likable country. I like the Japanese people; they are very kind.” Another female visitor said, ”The Great Buddha is really fantastic. I feel it great that I came to Japan.”
Incidentally, the FF of Tokyo, which is headquartered in the U.S., is a non-profit organization for international communication and has 200 members at present.