Sunday, June 29, 2014

Guiding an American Couple and an Australian Couple around Yokohama



[Date & Time] Sunday, June 29, at 10:30~16:00
[Spots] Osanbashi Yokohama International Passenger Terminal, Zou-no-hana Park, YOKOHAMA RED BRICK WAREHOUSE, Yokohama Port Museum, Port Opening Memorial Hall, Kanagawa Prefectural Government, YOKOHAMA ARCHIVES OF HISTORY, Yokohama Kaigan Church, Yamashita Park,
[Visitors] 1 American couple and 1 Australian couple
[Language] English
[Attendant] 1 KSGG member

The visitors were two couples from the cruise ship, Diamond Princess.  While we were walking to Yokohama Port Museum, I explained about the history of Zou-no-hana Park, YOKOHAMA RED BRICK WAREHOUSE and so on.  It was the full-sail exhibition day of Sail Training Ship NIPPON MARU, so they were delighted to see it.  I guided them for one hour and a half, talking about the stories from the opening of the port to the end of the Pacific War.  We had lunch at a restaurant, Judaime Yazaemon, on the fourth floor of Sakuragicho CROSS GATE.  Lastly I took them to “Samurai Store” in Osanbashi Yokohama International Passenger Terminal which they had desired to visit last.