[Spots] Tsurugaoka Hachimangu
Shrine, Hasedera Temple, Kotokuin Temple (Great Buddha), and Yuigahama Beach (option)
[Visitors] 42 JICA participants
from 18 countries, with 8 from Vietnam, 7 from Ecuador, 5 from Myanmar, 3 each from India and El Salvador,
2 each from Bangladesh, Indonesia, and Turkey,
and 1 each from Argentina, Azerbaijan, Costa Rica, Georgia Guatemala, Nigeria,
Pakistan, Paraguay, Sri Lanka, and the Philippines
[Languages] English and Spanish
[Attendants] 16 KSGG members
It was a hot day and I was worried that someone would feel ill. The tour, however, ended successfully without
any trouble. The participants were
divided into six groups. In my group we
read the guiding text for the places to visit in Spanish. I also guided around the sightseeing places
in English. In other groups the tour seemed
to have gone well. I went to Fujisawa
Station with 25 participants, who had enjoyed themselves at Yuigahama
Beach. At the station I realized that they
had to let two trains go in order to take the right train. I asked one of the station staff to let me go
in the station precincts to help the participants get on the right train. We said good-by when the rapid express train
came into the platform.