Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Guiding an American Couple around Yokohama Bay Area



[Date & Time] Wednesday, June 11, 11:0015:00
[Spots] Yamashita Park, Nihon Odori, Zouno-hana Park, Red Brick Ware House, and The Land Mark Tower
[Visitors] An American Couple
[Attendants] 2 KSGG members
[Language] English    

  In Yamashita Park, I talked about Yokohama, which had become a big city to lead Japan’s modernization in spite of its short history.  I also explained that it was rebuilt from two catastrophes and after World War II, they launched the recovery program, including six major projects.  Then, I explained about some structures out of six which could be seen from Yamashita Park, such as Bay Bridge, MM21 and so on, which made Yokohama become an attractive and livable town again.  They were interested in my explanation that “Jazz Promenade Festival” is held around Port Opening Memorial Hall every October and at that time this area is similar to New Orleans.  After having vegetarian food for lunch, we said good-bye.