[Date & Time] Thursday, September 19, at 9:40~12:00
[Spot] HOME'S Shinyamashita
[Visitors] 9 visitors (mothers from various countries whose children attend Saint Maur International School)
[Attendants] 2 KSGG members
[Language] English
At the vegetable section inside a spacious supermarket, the mothers asked us so many questions about Japanese vegetables unfamiliar to them, how to cook them. I also explained where they were grown, showing a map of Japan in the store. Moreover, they asked about the nutritional value of buckwheat flour, soybean flour, sesame, and oil, which they got interested in, how to cook them, and where they were produced. As the descriptions of the products are all written in Japanese, I thought it was very unkind. It was no wonder that they were so worried. As I heard that it took 30 minutes to get just one carton of milk frequently purchased, I strongly felt this kind of tour necessary.