Friday, April 16, 2010

Guiding Germans around Kamakura


[Date & Time] Friday, April 16, at 9:30~17:30
[Spots] Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, Kenchoji Temple, Sugimotodera Temple, Jyomyoji Temple, Hokokuji Temple, Hasedera Temple, Kotokouin Temple (Great Buddha)
[Visitors] A Sister living in Hamburg and her younger Sister living in Munich
[Attendant] 1 KSGG member
[Language] German

I welcomed the sisters at Fujisawa Station of Odakyu-line, and they said, “(Es ist) shoenes Wetter!” (It’s a lovely weather!) almost at the same time. I felt relief at their cheerfulness and loveliness. They kept up this character all day long.
The younger’s hobby was taking photos, while the elder, who knew about many different flowers, was kind enough to tell me about them at Hasedera Temple and Hokokuji Temple.
When they saw beautiful wet moss at Sugimotodera Temple and Hokokuji Temple, the sisters were very much inspired. Time flied and it was 5:30 pm when I said “Good-by” to them at Fujisawa Station.