[Date & Time] Thursday, April 8, at 9:30~15:00
[Language] Chinese (Mandarin)
[Visitor] 1 Chinese Canadian
[Attendant] 1KSGG member
[Spots] Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, Jyufukuji Temple, Mt. Genjiyama, Zeniarai Benten Shrine, Sasuke Inari Shrine, Kotokuin Temple (Great Buddha)
Since the names of temples and shrines, and Buddhist terminologies were almost the same as those in Chinese, I decided to guide him in Chinese, not in English. At first, we walked on Dankazura decorated with cherry blossoms in full bloom, and went to the main hall. Probably because it was a weekday, the shrine was less crowded and was covered with a tranquil atmosphere. The big ginkgo tree, which was about 1,000 years old and a natural monument, fell down in a storm last March. However, it had some young buds on its old stump, which is much talked about now. I was surprised at its vitality. At Jyufukuji Temple, we visited the graves of Hojyo Masako and Minamoto-no-Sanetomo in its back. Then we walked on the mountain path full of beautiful green leaves, listening to the songs of bush warblers and talking about a lot of topics. At Mt. Genjiyama, we had lunch under the cherry blossoms, the taste of which was beyond description. At Zeniarai Benten Shrine, we washed our coins according to its legend. Then we went to Sasuke Inari Shrine. At Kotokuin Temple, we ended our tour in front of the Great Buddha. At the end, the visitor said, “I am happy that I could talk with ordinary Japanese people thanks to KSGG.”
[Language] Chinese (Mandarin)
[Visitor] 1 Chinese Canadian
[Attendant] 1KSGG member
[Spots] Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, Jyufukuji Temple, Mt. Genjiyama, Zeniarai Benten Shrine, Sasuke Inari Shrine, Kotokuin Temple (Great Buddha)
Since the names of temples and shrines, and Buddhist terminologies were almost the same as those in Chinese, I decided to guide him in Chinese, not in English. At first, we walked on Dankazura decorated with cherry blossoms in full bloom, and went to the main hall. Probably because it was a weekday, the shrine was less crowded and was covered with a tranquil atmosphere. The big ginkgo tree, which was about 1,000 years old and a natural monument, fell down in a storm last March. However, it had some young buds on its old stump, which is much talked about now. I was surprised at its vitality. At Jyufukuji Temple, we visited the graves of Hojyo Masako and Minamoto-no-Sanetomo in its back. Then we walked on the mountain path full of beautiful green leaves, listening to the songs of bush warblers and talking about a lot of topics. At Mt. Genjiyama, we had lunch under the cherry blossoms, the taste of which was beyond description. At Zeniarai Benten Shrine, we washed our coins according to its legend. Then we went to Sasuke Inari Shrine. At Kotokuin Temple, we ended our tour in front of the Great Buddha. At the end, the visitor said, “I am happy that I could talk with ordinary Japanese people thanks to KSGG.”