Saturday, June 20, 2009

Worked as KSGG Guide at last

[Date and Time] Saturday, June 20, at 11:30 ~ 17:30
[Spots] Sankei-en, Chinatown, Marine Tower, and Yamashita Park,
[Language] English and French
[Visitors] Two young men from Britain and France

Two foreign young men who had recently got a PhD in other countries visited Japan as special researchers of the JSPS (Japan Society for the Promotion of Science) to receive guidance from Japanese researchers at universities and institutions in Japan. They will stay here until early September. It was as hot as a midsummer day during the rainy season, but they were at hard work trying to learn Japanese for their stay over a few months. When he was asked, “Can you cook?,” the French man replied, “A man who cannot cook is not a French man.” The other young man did nothing but laughed. They were wondering if there is a coin-operated laundry in Japan. I had worried I would not fit for a guide if my guiding was poor, but I was happy to know that I could unexpectedly put my age and experiences to account through my first guide this time.