
[Date and Time] Monday, June 1, at 15:30 ~ 18:00, for arrangement
Friday, June 12, at 16:00 ~ 17:30 for wedding
[Place] Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine Office and New Shrine
[Clients] A German man living in Japan and his fiancée, Polish woman
[Attendant] 1 KSGG member
[Language] English
Friday, June 12, at 16:00 ~ 17:30 for wedding
[Place] Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine Office and New Shrine
[Clients] A German man living in Japan and his fiancée, Polish woman
[Attendant] 1 KSGG member
[Language] English
For our arrangement, we could visit the anteroom and the sub-shrine to hear about the ceremony in detail. The clients rejoiced, saying, “We can make a specific image of our wedding. We appreciate it.” On the very day of their wedding, I interpreted a shrine maiden’s final explanation at the anteroom and sent the groom and the bride a signal to let them know when to stand up and when to sit down.
I translated bridegroom’s written oath in Japanese into English, put the Japanese one into the Roman alphabet, exchanged quesitons and answers by e-mail, and interpreted over the phone when they filed their wedding notice to the city hall. I actually helped the couple for more than two days--before and after wedding. They wrote to me later with thanks: “We had only a few days before our wedding day and , in spite of our urgent request, you were kind enough to take action for us pertinently. Without your help, we couldn’t do anything.” I shared their happiness with the couple, for they had such a wonderful wedding.
I translated bridegroom’s written oath in Japanese into English, put the Japanese one into the Roman alphabet, exchanged quesitons and answers by e-mail, and interpreted over the phone when they filed their wedding notice to the city hall. I actually helped the couple for more than two days--before and after wedding. They wrote to me later with thanks: “We had only a few days before our wedding day and , in spite of our urgent request, you were kind enough to take action for us pertinently. Without your help, we couldn’t do anything.” I shared their happiness with the couple, for they had such a wonderful wedding.