[Date & Time] Wednesday, April 29, at 13:00 ~ 18:30
[Visitors] A group of 10 Germans Visiting Japan to watch the World Table Tennis Championships
[Attendants] 3 KSGG Members
[Spots] Sankeien Garden
[Languages] English and German
[Visitors] A group of 10 Germans Visiting Japan to watch the World Table Tennis Championships
[Attendants] 3 KSGG Members
[Spots] Sankeien Garden
[Languages] English and German
As the weather was nice and Y150 Port Opening Anniversary was under way, visitors crowded into Yokohama during the Golden Week holidays. When I said to our visitors, “April 29, Day of Showa, is the birthday of our former Emperor Showa,” one middle-aged man said, “No wonder. It’s Keiserwetter (Emperor’s weather).” This Keiser, however, is Prussian Keiser Friedlich Wilhelm.
When a bus for Sankeien Garden came, one of them was late, but I got on it and joined the other two who had already been aboard. I reflected that I should be more careful when I lead a group of people. Since Sankeien Garden is a popular sightseeing spot in Yokohama and there are many bus services, the rest of the group, including the one who was late and missed our bus, arrived very soon.
Pretty azaleas, irises, sweet flags, and wisterias were even more beautiful in the early summer sun. A female KSGG attendant explained the origin and history of Sankeien Garden accurately in fluent English.
When a bus for Sankeien Garden came, one of them was late, but I got on it and joined the other two who had already been aboard. I reflected that I should be more careful when I lead a group of people. Since Sankeien Garden is a popular sightseeing spot in Yokohama and there are many bus services, the rest of the group, including the one who was late and missed our bus, arrived very soon.
Pretty azaleas, irises, sweet flags, and wisterias were even more beautiful in the early summer sun. A female KSGG attendant explained the origin and history of Sankeien Garden accurately in fluent English.
Since they came to Japan only three days before, they looked tired shortly after 4:00. They said all at once, “Let’s have a drink somewhere!” The other male KSGG attendant hit upon a good place to go: a “German taste” beer parlor located in Bashamichi. At the parlor, since they had no menu written in English, a female KSGG attendant played an active role in choosing dishes. One male visitor, whom she told to order gyoza, or steam-baked meat pie, ate them with a knife and fork, saying “Delicious!”
Our visitors love table tennis. The oldest one, 68, said, “I will cheer not only our German team but also Kenta Matsudaira who had trained in Bundesliga Stuttgart.” Another male visitor said, “I will buy a mask for myself,” for he feared that he might catch the new swine flu. The leader of the visitors, said, “Don’t get at a Mexican, even if she is beautiful.” As Germans are considered sober, his joke was an unexpected one.
Our visitors love table tennis. The oldest one, 68, said, “I will cheer not only our German team but also Kenta Matsudaira who had trained in Bundesliga Stuttgart.” Another male visitor said, “I will buy a mask for myself,” for he feared that he might catch the new swine flu. The leader of the visitors, said, “Don’t get at a Mexican, even if she is beautiful.” As Germans are considered sober, his joke was an unexpected one.