[Date & Time] Thursday, February 6, at 13:00~16:00
[Place] Room 306 of International Student Center
[Participants] 10 students from 6 countries with
4 from China, 2 from Japan, and 1 each from South Africa,
Mongolia、Taiwan, and Indonesia
[Instructors] 2 KSGG members
[Languages] Japanese and English
I talked about Ikebana (Japanese flower arrangement), explained
the characteristics of Nageire (a non structured design), Seika (a tradional style) and Jiyuka (a free creative style), taught them how to make a flower arrangement using books we gave them, and gave them a demonstration. Many of them chose a Seika style and worked hard to make it with their eyes sparkling.
Their comments are as follows: I arranged these cherry blossoms for my mother who is coming to Japan tomorrow. I’d like to arrange field mustard in my hometown in this way. I felt so refreshed because I could concentrate on doing it and I had a good chance to experience Japanese culture.
