Sunday, October 24, 2010

Guiding Foreign Students Studying in Japan around Kamakura


[Date and Time] Sunday, October 24, at 10:00~16:00
[Spots] Engakuji Temple, Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, and Kotokuin Temple (Great Buddha)
[Visitors] 22 participants from 22 countries, with 4 from the U.S., 2 each from Vietnam, Thailand, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and 1 each from Ireland, Mexico, England, France, China, Indonesia, Canada, and Italy
[Attendants] 17 KSGG members and 1 observer

A Bangladeshi student took part in this tour with his wife and two-year-old daughter. At lunch time we took a break at a resting place of Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, where I enjoyed talking with the Bangladeshi family, who had brought their lunches with them, feeling that Bangladesh, a far-off country, was quite closer to me. The Bangladeshi student, who was very earnest and courteous and was seriously thinking about his homeland, said with smile, “I respect Japanese people,” which really moved me.
When a lot of gloomy news is around us these days, I appreciate that I could spend a very happy day together with various foreign students showing goodwill and praise toward us.