
[Date and Time] Saturday, October 23, at 9:40~17:00
[Spots] Hokokuji Temple and Jyomyoji Temple (in the morning), and Homes (in the afternoon)
[Visitors] 12 foreign students, including a student’s family, with 3 each from UAE and Bahrain, 2 each from Qatar and Oman, and 1 each from Kuwait and Saudi Arabia
[Attendants] 2 KSGG members for guiding and 4 KSGG members for home-inviting
We had this event last year and it was our second one this year. I guided the students and a student’s family to Hokokuji Temple and Jyomyoji Temple on their first holiday in Japan. They enjoyed a comfortable time walking in the bamboo garden and having matcha, or powdered green tea, at a teahouse before the Japanese garden. To my surprise, they made nothing of sitting on their heels on the tatami mat or on the floor, which they had been accustomed to.
In the afternoon I invited three Bahraini visitors to my house: one was a lady who works for the Ministry of Education; another was her younger brother; and the other was a man who supervises the architectural staff in the Ministry of Education and likes to make simple furniture as one of his hobbies. He was talking with my husband who happens to have the same hobby. We had a good time with my daughter, who works as a tour conductor, taking part in our conversation. Two hours had passed before I knew it. When I was given dried dates and other souvenirs from each of the visitors, I really felt very much obliged to them.
[Spots] Hokokuji Temple and Jyomyoji Temple (in the morning), and Homes (in the afternoon)
[Visitors] 12 foreign students, including a student’s family, with 3 each from UAE and Bahrain, 2 each from Qatar and Oman, and 1 each from Kuwait and Saudi Arabia
[Attendants] 2 KSGG members for guiding and 4 KSGG members for home-inviting
We had this event last year and it was our second one this year. I guided the students and a student’s family to Hokokuji Temple and Jyomyoji Temple on their first holiday in Japan. They enjoyed a comfortable time walking in the bamboo garden and having matcha, or powdered green tea, at a teahouse before the Japanese garden. To my surprise, they made nothing of sitting on their heels on the tatami mat or on the floor, which they had been accustomed to.
In the afternoon I invited three Bahraini visitors to my house: one was a lady who works for the Ministry of Education; another was her younger brother; and the other was a man who supervises the architectural staff in the Ministry of Education and likes to make simple furniture as one of his hobbies. He was talking with my husband who happens to have the same hobby. We had a good time with my daughter, who works as a tour conductor, taking part in our conversation. Two hours had passed before I knew it. When I was given dried dates and other souvenirs from each of the visitors, I really felt very much obliged to them.