Saturday, August 14, 2010

Guiding Italian Couples around Kamakura


[Date and Time] Thursday, August 14, at 9:40~17:30
[Spots] Kita-Kamakura Station, Engakuji Temple, Kencyoji Temple, Hokokuji Temple, Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, Komachi Street, Hasedera Temple, ,Kotokuin Temple (Great Buddha) , Kamakura Station
[Visitors] Two Italian Couples from Rome and Milano
[Attendant] 1 KSGG member
[Language] English

The visitors hoped to visit 10 spots, but, as time was up, we could only make six of them despite their trying efforts. Everyone was interested in lotuses and tortoises in the Genpei Pond at Hachimangu Shrine, the Eleven-faced Kannon, the ocean, and a sign saying “Beware of kites” at Hasedera Temple, and the giant statue of the Great Buddha at Kotokuin Temple.
On our way, they asked me why I spend my time guiding foreign visitors as volunteer without taking any fees. I answered that, in my case, I enjoy meeting and talking with a lot of visitors from various places in the world. I was pleased to know that they were interested in our activities.