Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Guiding Singaporean Lady around Kamakura ~ Enjoy Japanese Auras


[Date & Time] Tuesday, May 25, at 10:00~14:30
[Spots] Hokokuji Temple, Jomyoji Temple, Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, and Kotokuin (Great Buddha)
[Visitors] 2 Singaporean ladies
[Language] English
[Attendant] 1 KSGG member

At our visitors’ request, we skipped Hasedeara Temple, heading for Hokokuji Temple and Jomyoji Temple. What our visitors loved most was Hokokuji Temple’s tranquil bamboo garden in the early morning. At Jomyoji Temple, we had powdered green tea looking at its splendid Japanese garden. I think every foreigner is inspired by these two temples. Also, since these temples have a few visitors compared with other larger ones, foreign visitors can surely enjoy our Japanese auras in relaxation. Taking this into account, I suggest that KSGG consider setting these two quiet temples in its tour program in the future. For this tour, I was given a lot of useful nformation in putting Jomyoji Temple’s tea ceremony in the plan; I really appreciate it. I am a really green guide, and I don’t think I could come through with it without your help. Thank you very much. I will continue doing my best, and your further help will be very much appreciated.