
[Date & Time] Sunday, May 30, at 10:00~15:45
[Spots] Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, Hasedera Temple, and Kotokuin (Great Buddha)
[Visitors] 33 AOTS trainees from 3 countries, with 21 from Vietnam, 8 from China, and 4 from Thailand
[Occupations] Automobile, Stationery, Food, etc.
[Languages] Chinese, English, and Japanese
[Attendants] 14 KSGG members and 2 observers
The trainees came to Japan from Vietnam for a short stay, and it was their first trip right after their arrival. At Hachimangu Shrine, a large number of mothers and their new born babies had waited for a blessing on them. Some trainees were curious to know about the cost of a wedding ceremony held at Maiden. I understand it costs 150,000yen for holding a wedding alone at Maiden, and 50,000yen at Wakamiya Shrine. This wedding might become popular among foreigners, too. As we took a rest at the terrace of Hasedera Temple, they said that the image of the Buddha in Vietnam also has as calm a look as Kamakura’s.
My Impression of Vietnamese Trainees
As I have heard that Vietnamese people are hard workers, I could really see how serious they are when I told them about our manners to follow at chozuya, or washing house. All of them were intent, listening to my explanation, and began to clean their hands and rinse their mouths in the exact way as I told them. Also, it was quite impressive that all of them rushed to chozuya to do this at Hasedera Temple and Kotokuin. What moved me most through this tour was that, according to a male trainee who happened to speak Japanese, my nickname “Shin-chan” (“xin chào”) means “Hello” in Vietnamese. So I could make friends with them using “Shin-jan” at every opportunity. At the end of the tour, when I shook hands with them, they gave me a tighter squeeze than ever. That sense has lingered in my hand for a long time.
[Spots] Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, Hasedera Temple, and Kotokuin (Great Buddha)
[Visitors] 33 AOTS trainees from 3 countries, with 21 from Vietnam, 8 from China, and 4 from Thailand
[Occupations] Automobile, Stationery, Food, etc.
[Languages] Chinese, English, and Japanese
[Attendants] 14 KSGG members and 2 observers
The trainees came to Japan from Vietnam for a short stay, and it was their first trip right after their arrival. At Hachimangu Shrine, a large number of mothers and their new born babies had waited for a blessing on them. Some trainees were curious to know about the cost of a wedding ceremony held at Maiden. I understand it costs 150,000yen for holding a wedding alone at Maiden, and 50,000yen at Wakamiya Shrine. This wedding might become popular among foreigners, too. As we took a rest at the terrace of Hasedera Temple, they said that the image of the Buddha in Vietnam also has as calm a look as Kamakura’s.
My Impression of Vietnamese Trainees
As I have heard that Vietnamese people are hard workers, I could really see how serious they are when I told them about our manners to follow at chozuya, or washing house. All of them were intent, listening to my explanation, and began to clean their hands and rinse their mouths in the exact way as I told them. Also, it was quite impressive that all of them rushed to chozuya to do this at Hasedera Temple and Kotokuin. What moved me most through this tour was that, according to a male trainee who happened to speak Japanese, my nickname “Shin-chan” (“xin chào”) means “Hello” in Vietnamese. So I could make friends with them using “Shin-jan” at every opportunity. At the end of the tour, when I shook hands with them, they gave me a tighter squeeze than ever. That sense has lingered in my hand for a long time.