
[Date & Time] Monday, May 3, at 8:40~17:30
[Spots] Engakuji Temple, Hasedera Temple, Kotokuin Temple (Great Buddha), Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, and Hokokuji Temple
[Visitors] A Chinese-Canadian couple living in Toronto, Canada
[Attendant] 1 KSGG member
[Language] English
At Engakuji Temple, Shariden was fortunately open to the public only during the Golden Week, relatively long consecutive holidays.
When I said, “I have often visited this temple in my last 35 years since I was a primary school pupil, but this is the first time for me to be allowed to enter its inside,” they replied, “How lucky we are !” At Hasedera Temple, they were deeply moved by its beautiful garden, big Kannon, and a grand view of the Pacific Ocean. Also, at Kotokuin, they were fascinated with the beautiful Great Buddha under the clear, blue sky. The wife took a lot of pictures there. The husband said, “We are very happy to take JR trains, Enoden train, and public buses for the first time. We can never experience in any other country such rush hour congestion as in Enoden trains and
public buses.” They were very much inspired that they could get a glimpse of daily life of Japanese people.
[Spots] Engakuji Temple, Hasedera Temple, Kotokuin Temple (Great Buddha), Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, and Hokokuji Temple
[Visitors] A Chinese-Canadian couple living in Toronto, Canada
[Attendant] 1 KSGG member
[Language] English
At Engakuji Temple, Shariden was fortunately open to the public only during the Golden Week, relatively long consecutive holidays.
When I said, “I have often visited this temple in my last 35 years since I was a primary school pupil, but this is the first time for me to be allowed to enter its inside,” they replied, “How lucky we are !” At Hasedera Temple, they were deeply moved by its beautiful garden, big Kannon, and a grand view of the Pacific Ocean. Also, at Kotokuin, they were fascinated with the beautiful Great Buddha under the clear, blue sky. The wife took a lot of pictures there. The husband said, “We are very happy to take JR trains, Enoden train, and public buses for the first time. We can never experience in any other country such rush hour congestion as in Enoden trains and
public buses.” They were very much inspired that they could get a glimpse of daily life of Japanese people.