
[Date and Time] Sunday, September27, at 10:00~15:40
[Spots] Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, Hasedera Temple, and Kotokuin Temple
(Great Buddha)
[Visitors] 82 AOTS trainees from 8 countries, with 29 from China, 15 from Vietnam, 10 from Philippine, 8 each from Malaysia, Indonesia, 7 from India, 3 from Thailand, and 2 from the Republic of South Africa.
[Jobs] Computer software, Automotive, Iron & steel structures, Diesel engine, Database, Electric household appliances, etc.
[Attendants] 12 KSGG members and 1 observer
At Hachimangu Shrine, Hasedera Temple, and Kotokuin Temple, one of the trainees bought a nice “Notebook for Red Seals,” which we call “Goshuin-cho,” and in which beautiful Chinese characters are written in deep Indian ink, had it sealed, and had a piece of incense-scented paper for blotting put between the sealed pages. Incidentally, the red seal had been authorized by Shogun during the Edo period. When the participants had a lot of chats enjoying their farewell at Kotokuin Temple, I asked the chief priest, “Is it noisy?” He replied, smiling, “Not bad. It’s cheerful.” As we could see the inside of the Great Buddha for only 20 yen, we really appreciated the priest like a Buddha.
☆ Why is a bridal costume white?
I had charge of a Chinese group of 10 members. All of them were cheerful and full of vitality. At Tsurugaoka Hachimangu, we saw a wedding, and one of the participants asked, “Why does the bride wear a white costume in Japan?” I replied, “White means purity. A bride marries him in a snow-white condition and will change her color into her bridegroom’s.” However, when I added, “Actually, the situation is quite contrary. A bridegroom needs to change his color into his bride’s now,” a burst of laughter followed among us. Finally, I asked, “What was the most impressive? All of them replied, “The Great Buddha.”
[Spots] Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, Hasedera Temple, and Kotokuin Temple
(Great Buddha)
[Visitors] 82 AOTS trainees from 8 countries, with 29 from China, 15 from Vietnam, 10 from Philippine, 8 each from Malaysia, Indonesia, 7 from India, 3 from Thailand, and 2 from the Republic of South Africa.
[Jobs] Computer software, Automotive, Iron & steel structures, Diesel engine, Database, Electric household appliances, etc.
[Attendants] 12 KSGG members and 1 observer
At Hachimangu Shrine, Hasedera Temple, and Kotokuin Temple, one of the trainees bought a nice “Notebook for Red Seals,” which we call “Goshuin-cho,” and in which beautiful Chinese characters are written in deep Indian ink, had it sealed, and had a piece of incense-scented paper for blotting put between the sealed pages. Incidentally, the red seal had been authorized by Shogun during the Edo period. When the participants had a lot of chats enjoying their farewell at Kotokuin Temple, I asked the chief priest, “Is it noisy?” He replied, smiling, “Not bad. It’s cheerful.” As we could see the inside of the Great Buddha for only 20 yen, we really appreciated the priest like a Buddha.
☆ Why is a bridal costume white?
I had charge of a Chinese group of 10 members. All of them were cheerful and full of vitality. At Tsurugaoka Hachimangu, we saw a wedding, and one of the participants asked, “Why does the bride wear a white costume in Japan?” I replied, “White means purity. A bride marries him in a snow-white condition and will change her color into her bridegroom’s.” However, when I added, “Actually, the situation is quite contrary. A bridegroom needs to change his color into his bride’s now,” a burst of laughter followed among us. Finally, I asked, “What was the most impressive? All of them replied, “The Great Buddha.”