Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Guiding an American woman around Kamakura--We have become friends


[Date and Time] Wednesday, September 9, at 11:00~16:00
[Spots] Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, Hasedera Temple, Kotokuin Temple (Great Buddha)
[Visitor] An American woman from California State
[Attendant] 1 KSGG member
[Language] English

It was my first guiding and I was so nervous. But I could feel relaxed and do guiding without any problem thanks to the visitor, who said, “I am so honored to be your first visitor and you are lucky to guide me.” It was her second visit to Japan. I was very happy to hear that she was a fan of the Japanese atmosphere and the Japanese food since she first visited Japan three years ago. She seemed to have liked the Great Buddha, and took some photos of it from different angles, saying that its openness was superb. In saying farewell to me, she also said, “I’ve got friends with you, and I do want you to come to California.” I was so moved and fascinated by her words.