Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Guiding around Kamakura (Requested by Shonan Village Center)


[Date and Time] Tuesday, September 15, at 12:00~17:00
[Spots] Kotokuin Temple (Great Buddha), Hasedera Temple, and Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine
[Visitors] 22 foreigners and 20 Japanese who attended the International Conference
on MHD Energy Transduction organized by Graduate School of Tokyo Institute of Technology
[Attendants] 2 KSGG members
[Language] English

In a drizzle, our bus left the Center a little after 1:00 p.m. and headed for Kotokuin Temple. We, just like tour guides, explained on the way about KSGG, history of Kamakura, and religions in Japan for about 30 minutes. Since I had known nothing about the MHD energy transduction, I asked a Russian professor to explain it. However, to my regret, I was even more confused by his explanation. We completed the tour at 5:00 p.m. on schedule and won a burst of applause in farewell from the visitors at Kamakura Station.
Note: MHD stands for Magnetic Hydro Dynamics