[Date & Time] Tuesday, October 8, at 10:00~17:00[Spots] Engakuji Temple, Tokeiji Temple, Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, and Kotokuin Temple (Great Buddha)
[Visitors] an Australian family
[Attendant] 1 KSGG member
[Language] English
The visitors are a couple in their 70's, their son and his wife in their 50's, and their 14- year- old grandchild. On a bench of the precincts in Engakuji Temple, I spread out a map, explained about the itinerary for the day, and gave an outline of the temple to them. At Tokeiji Temple, they took pictures of flowers of various colors and listened to me while I was telling them about its history. As they said that they wanted to buy some Japanese paper, I took them to a shop for Japanese paper along Komachi Dori Street, which made them feel very happy. At Kotokuin Temple, the last spot of the tour, we sat down and enjoyed having a long chat, looking up at the Great Buddha. The husband of the couple made us all laugh, making a joke in English with an Australian accent mixed with Japanese here and there.