[Date & Time]Thursday, June 6, at 9:00~16:00[Spots]Nihon Minkaen (The Japan Open-Air Folk House Museum) in Kawasaki and Bay Quarter Yokohama
[Visitors]2 American women
[Attendants] 2 KSGG members
[Language] English
At Nihon Minkaen, I guided the visitors to the folk houses in order. I was surprised to hear that they keep their favorite horses in their house as horseback riding is their hobby. They got interested in the stables that most of the houses had. I guided them to all the 25 houses, explaining about the differences in region, climate, and their position in society among each house, the room layouts, the characteristics of roofs, and the structure of houses. They asked me various kinds of questions with interest. At Traditional Craft Center, I explained about indigo dying and they bought a handkerchief dyed with indigo as a souvenir. At an iris garden near the main gate of Nihon Minkaen, we took a group photo in front of the iris flowers in full bloom. We went to Yokohama and had a late lunch at a restaurant at Bay Quarter, which was a franchise of their father’s restaurant in Hawaii.