Sunday, December 20, 2009

Guiding “Bonsho-no-kai” Members from Nagano around Yokohama

[Date and Time] Sunday, December 20, at 10:00-13:00
[Visitors] “Bonsho-no-kai” Members and their Families
[Spots] Historical Port-Opening Spots, Yamashita Park, and Chinatown
[Attendant] 1 KSGG member
[Language] Japanese

Last March, I gave a lecture at “A Training Course for Volunteer Interpreters,” which was organized by the Tourist Promotion Section of Nagano Prefectural Offices. This time, some of the participants in the course asked KSGG to show them the sights of Yokohama zeroing in on its port-opening spots. I guided them around Yokohama Park, Nihon Odori, Port Opening Memorial Hall, Yokohama Custom House, Prefectural Office, Yokohama Archives of History, Place of Signing the US-Japan Treaty of Peace and Amity, Elephant-Nose Park, Osanbashi Yokohama International Passenger Terminal, Yamashita Park, Hotel New Grand, and Chinatown to end my guide.
They wanted to know the name of the company that constructed the passenger terminal and the type of roadside trees in Yokohama, but, to my regret, I was unable to answer them. It was a pity that I failed to support the content of my previous lecture in which I stated our KSGG’s high guide level.