Thursday, September 17, 2015

Shopping Support for the Parents of Saint Maur International School

[Date & Time] Thursday, September 17, at 9:30~12:00
[Guests] 3 French, 2 Americans, 2 Chinese, 1 Spaniard, and 1 British,   
[Attendants] 3 KSGG members
[Language] English

We did some shopping support for the parents whose children attend Saint Mour International School. They came to Japan recently and they don’t know much about Japan. 

As they have small children, they were concerned about food safety and allergies. As an example, when they saw spinaches, they were worried about the production district.  So I showed them where they were from with a map, which made them feel relieved.  I got to know that they were concerned about “Fukushima” and then I explained to them that Fukushima Prefecture checks the level of radioactive materials in each stage of production, distribution, and consumption, and so only safe foods are sold.  I strongly felt people from around the world were worried about “Fukushima.”  On the other hand, they were very interested in how to cook foods peculiar to Japan such as sea weeds and Koyadofu (freeze-dried bean curd) and their nutritional value.  

In addition, I explained about commonly-used medical supplies and they took  pictures of them with their smartphones, which would be useful to their daily life.