Friday, April 3, 2015

Guiding Swiss Couple around Kamakura



[Date & Time] Friday, April 3, 10:1015:10
[Spots] Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, Komachi Dori Street, Hasedera Temple and Kotokuin Temple (The Great Buddha)
[Visitors] 1 Swiss couple
[Attendant] 1 KSGG member [Languages] English and French

At Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, they quickly found the stub of ginkgo tree that seems to be almost 800 years old.  Furthermore, they recognized that a votive picture tablet, the shape of which is a gingko leaf, expresses the prayer for memorial and restoration.  I reserved a cozy French restaurant because the wife cannot eat any seafood.  In the restaurant, I gave a paper doll that I had made by myself.  We enjoyed conversations about the pleasure of leisure time, favorite singers, actors and actresses, trip, Mont Blanc range, Japan Alps, skiing, winery, cheese fondue, okonomi-yaki (Japanese style pizza), and so on.  They said they would practice folding origami after returning home.  At the end of the tour, I received Swiss cookies from them.  The cookies have been sold since last year.  The cookies are the collaboration between a Swiss traditional confectionery company and a Japanese artist living in Switzerland for commemorating 150 years anniversary of the establishment of the diplomatic relationship between Switzerland and Japan.  We parted earlier so that they could enjoy the atmosphere of Kamakura by themselves.