[Date & Time] Thursday,
September 18, 10:00~12:30
[Spots] OK Store in
Shinyamashita Homes
[Visitors]
12 mothers of Saint Maul (the U.S., France, Spain, Malaysia, India, Ukraine, and
Hungary)
[Attendants] 3 KSGG
members
[Language] English
We supported young mothers who came to Japan these
days so that they could buy daily food. They asked a lot of questions about where the
food is from related to Fukushima Nuclear Power Plants, I’ve seriously felt the
responsibility as a guide when I saw the serious look of the mothers bringing
up small children in a foreign country. Questions included wide variety of
things from not only vegetables, fish, and meat but also milk and juice that
small children would take every day, and also whether they are good for allergic
children and the mother’s own diet. They
were also interested in Japanese food such as dashi (soup stock), miso (soybean
paste), shoyu (soy sauce), kome (rice), and ryokucha (green tea). I gave
replies to them based on my experiences as a homemaker. After that they questioned about detergent. I explained about how to use different types
of detergent, fabric softener, bleach, and bath salt and so on. As there were a
lot of daily necessities, we didn’t have enough time to explain. I wanted them to overcome problems vigorously with
their young energy, curiosity and relationship with friends. I hope they will be familiar with Japanese
culture and have a lot of good memories during their stay in Japan,