[Date & Time] Tuesday, July
29, at 9:30~17:30
[Spots] Hokokuji Temple, Wakamiya
Oji Street, Kaburaki Kiyokata Memorial Art Museum and Komachi Dori Street
[Visitors] 2 Singaporean women
[Language] English
[Attendant] 1 KSGG member
The main purpose for the visitors to ask us guiding
was to look for their relative’s house, for they had not contacted with their
relatives. On the day before the
guiding, however, they found the house by themselves, and so I was asked to
guide them around Kamakura for a whole day.
I thought it was hard for the visitors about 60 years old to walk around
under the heat for a long time. I chose a
temple easy to access, not necessary to walk around a lot and the museum which
we could drop in at for a short break on the way. Lastly I took a lot of time for shopping for
them. Kaburaki Kiyokata Memorial Art Museum
is a Japanese style house in a quiet residential area. His paintings of graceful women in the
Japanese-style with delicate touch and Japanese -style house seemed to greatly
attract the ladies who liked art. I got
an impression that they had enjoyed the culture of the old city itself rather
than the history of Kamakura and religion.