Sunday, January 27, 2013

Home Visit for the Foreign Students of Semester at Sea

[Date & Time] Sunday, January 27, at 10:00~17:00
[Spots] Osanbashi Yokohama International Passenger Terminal → KSGG member’s house → Multimedia Yokohama and Daiso near Yokohama Station →  Osanbashi Yokohama International Passenger Terminal
[Visitors] 3 girl students around twenty years old
[Attendant] 1 KSGG member
[Language] English


  On the way from the Osanbashi Yokohama International Passenger Terminal to my house, the foreign students were so excited probably because everything they saw was new to them. When they arrived at my home, they were pleased to see tatami mat and surprised, saying that a Japanese house is different from an American one. At lunch I gave them a chance to enjoy making and eating okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake with various ingredients) and grilled meat. As I wanted them to experience Japanese culture, I had them practice Japanese calligraphy. They chose such Japanese kanji characters as 愛/ai (love), 幸/shiawase (happiness), and 海/umi (ocean). As they loved practicing Japanese calligraphy, they tried writing other kanji characters. Then we went shopping as they had wanted.
   They said that they would go to Barcelona, stopping over in several Asian countries on the way. I hope that they will do their best to accomplish their aim. I feel like I have three more daughters. I am so happy to have a nice encounter.