[Date & Time] Wednesday, December 19, at 13:30~18:00
[Spots] Shonan International Village, Kotokuin Temple (Great Buddha), Hasedera Temple, Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, and Komachi Dori
[Visitors] 15 researchers majoring in computer science from the U.S., Germany, Italy, France, Canada, Australia, and Japan
[Language] English
[Attendants] 2 KSGG members
Our bus could run smoothly without being caught in a traffic jam. As we could see the ocean glistening in the sun from the window, the visitors enjoyed a view of the ocean for a while. Unluckily, we could not see Mt. Fuji. So, when I showed them a photo of Mt. Fuji with Enoshima Island I had prepared, they gave a shout of joy at the photo. On our way to Kotokuin Temple, I explained about the Great Buddha and President Obama's favorite green tea-flavored soft ice cream called Oba-maccha soft ice cream. We walked from the Great Buddha to Hasedera Temple. On the way to Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, I explained about Japanese wedding ceremony and yabusame (horseback archery), showing photos of them, and also about such topics as komainu (a pair of guardian dogs), torii gate, and Hachimangu Shrine while seeing them from the window of the bus. After we visited Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, they enjoyed shopping on Komachi Dori for about one hour. Each of them seemed to have their fill of one-day trip in Kamakura.