Saturday, July 28, 2012

Guiding JICA Participants around Kamakura

[Date & Time] Saturday, July 28, at 11:00~17:05
[Spots] Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, Hasedera Temple, Kotokuin Temple (Great Buddha), and Yuigahama Beach
[Visitors]  9 JICA participants from 8 countries, with 2 from Thailand and 1 each from India, Bangladesh, Malaysia, China, Nepal, Myanmar, and Laos, and 1 staff member of JICA Kansai
[Attendants] 13 KSGG members and 2 observers


  Although it was such a blistering summer day, most of the participants from hot countries with the temperature of about 40 degrees Celsius, said, “We are accustomed to it.”  I was very glad that I could talk with all the participants, since the number of the participants was small this time.
  A participant from India said that the economic tie between India and Japan had become much stronger, mentioning Suzuki cars control 50% of the market share for cars in India.  I talked with a Bangladeshi participant in Ramadan, covering the topics from the Olympic Games to Japanese flag.  We were excited when we talked that both Japanese and Bangladeshi flags “express the Sun.”