Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Exchange Meeting of Japanese and Taiwan Industrial High-school Students

[Date & Time] Wednesday, May 9, at 12:45~17:00
[Spot] Kanagawa Prefectural Kanagawa Technical High School
[Hosts] Principal, vice principal, teachers, male and female students
[Visitors] National Hsinchu Senior Industrial Vocational School: 33 male and female students in the 1st and the 2nd grades, 2 teachers, and 1 tour guide interpreter
[Staff in Attendance] 1 each from Tourism Division Industry Department COMMERCE, INDUSTRY, AND LABOR BUREAU of Kanagawa Prefectural Government and Kanagawa Prefectural Tourism Association
[Attendant] 1 KSGG member
[Language] Chinese


I attended an exchange meeting of Japanese technical high school students and Taiwan industrial high school students as a Chinese interpreter.  The speeches made at the opening ceremony were interpreted by the interpreter attending the Taiwanese students. Since there were so many students, they were divided into two groups for a school tour to see laboratories, practical studies and club activities, and I was in charge of one of them.

After the school tour was over, they gathered again, and then Japanese students performed dances and sang several songs and their school song for the visitors.  Taiwanese students said that this exchange meeting gave them a wider view and they had a great time. I felt happy to see young and brisk students exchanging each other  with humor. I'm sure this meeting was so fruitful.