Sunday, January 15, 2012

Guiding JICA Participants around Kamakura


[Date & Time] Sunday, January 15, at 11:00~16:40
[Spots] Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, Hasedera Temple, and Kotokuin Temple (Great Buddha)
[Visitors] 18 JICA participants from 9 countries, with 6 from China, 3 from Argentina, 2 each from Mexico and India, and 1 each from Brazil, Venezuela, Thai, Laos, and Nepal
[Attendants] 32 KSGG members


Hachimangu Shrine was still in the New Year mood, as Japanese lanterns were hung in the precincts and hamaya or a big arrow was displayed on the roof of the main shrine.                
 

At Hasedera Temple, the participants put the smoke from incense burner on their heads, wishing to get smarter.  Then we visited Kotokuin Temple and took a group photo of us all.  I met again the participant from Beijing whom I talked with in the train that morning.  I talked about the Great Buddha and Sun Wen's birthplace, Zhongshan City, which I visited during my business trip to Guangzhou last year.  And then, he said, "They could make it in the Xinhai Revolution thanks to the support of Japanese people."

At the final meeting spot, I once again gave them quizzes and had three participants remark about the tour in front of us all.  After breaking up, the Chinese group and KSGG members who guided them began an open-air concert, singing a Chinese folk song, "The Sea Is My Home," together.