Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Guiding a Singaporean Man and an Indian Woman around Yokohama


[Date & Time] Tuesday, September 13, at 9:00~16:00
[Spots] Kanagawa Prefectural Government Main Building, Yokohama Customs House, NYK HIKAWAMARU, Yokohama Archives of History, and Harbor View Park
[Visitors] Mr. L. M. (from Singapore), Ms. S. (from India)
[Attendant] 1 KSGG member
[Language] English


The highest temperature on that day was 32 degC. As we were to walk in this tour, at first I asked the guests if they would be all right. Though they said “yes,” the male guest was always looking for shading areas. The female guest tried to drink enough water and drank down no less than three bottles of water. At Yokohama Customs House, there was a section where you could tell the genuine from the fake. She tried to do that at once and most of her answers were correct. At Yokohama Archives of History, I explained that Matthew Calbraith Perry and the Tokugawa Shogunate concluded the US-Japan Treaty of Peace and Amity there and that the tree in front of us was shown in the painting. They looked at the tree and then the painting carefully.

After lunch, at Harbor View Park, I took photos of them against a panoramic view of Yokohama. We dropped by the Osanbashi Pier and Silk Museum which were not in the schedule. We went back to the hotel at past 4:00 p.m. and I finished guiding for them.


Yokohama Customs House:http://www.infomapjapan.com/sight_Yokohama.phtml
Yokohama Archives of History:http://www.kaikou.city.yokohama.jp/en/index.html
Harbor View Park:http://www.bayonnelra.com/honor1.htm
Osanbashi Pier (Osanbashi Yokohama International Passenger Terminal):http://www.osanbashi.com/en/outline/