[Date & Time] Thursday, September 15, at 10:00~18:00
[Spots] Minato Mirai 21, Osanbashi Yokohama International Passenger Terminal, and Sankeien Garden
[Visitors] Mr. R. C. (a Salesian Church priest in Kawasaki City), Mr. C. S. (Mr. R.C.'s uncle)
[Attendant] 1 KSGG member
[Language] English
Mr. R.C. was not in good shape when we started the tour. So, at Minato Mirai 21, I explained about Sail Training Ship NIPPON MARU and the dry dock from the inside of the building because it was hot on that day.
The guests wanted to have a hands-on experience of having maccha (powdered green tea) at Sankeien Garden. So Ms. K., tea master of Urasenke Sou-ryu or Sou-school, taught them how to drink tea and appreciate tea utensils.
After I guided them to Inner Garden, we took a rest by the pond in Outer Garden. I told them that we have the harvest moon on September 12th, when the full moon above Three Storied Pagoda is splendid and that we usually eat geppei (mooncake) on that day. After we returned to Sakuragicho Station, Mr. R.C’s health condition improved, humming “Yesterday” by the Beatles. I asked him “How was the tour?” He said, ”You are marvelous. I could relax a lot, because you are a seasoned guide.” What he said made me feel very happy.
Minato Mirai 21:http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3200.htm
NIPPON MARU:http://muza-chan.net/japan/index.php/blog/nippon-maru
Sankeien Garden:http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3205.html