[Date and Time] Monday, November 22, at 8:45~16:30
[Spots] Yokohama City Central Library, Sankeien Garden, Chinatown, Yamashita Park, Yokohama Archives of History, and Osanbashi Yokohama International Passenger Terminal
[Visitors] Ms. K.C from Hong Kong
[Attendants] 1 KSGG member
[Language] English
I accompanied the reporter visiting the library as interpreter. In the library, the outline of it was first explained by its staff. Then he showed us the archives of the library in turn starting with the ones in the third basement. Finally, our tour of the library was concluded in the meeting room with a question and answer session and Ms. K’s presentation of a commemorative gift from the Hong Kong Public Library to the Yokohama City Library.
After that, we visited Sankeien Garden by bus. She seemed to have liked its inner garden thick with beautiful autumnal leaves particularly.
Then I took her on a tour of Chinatown, Yamashita Park, and “Tamakusu” tree in the Yokohama Archives of History, and my guiding came to an end when I saw her off at the hotel.
To Ms. K, the director of Public Library of Hong Kong having over 7 million people, it seemed that to her surprise the facilities of the Yokohama City Library had not been so modern. When I said farewell to her, she said, “Thank you so much. I really appreciate your help at the library and I really enjoyed sightseeing around Yokohama. I would love to welcome you to Hong Kong next time.” I was pleased to hear that.