Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Guiding around Kamakura--Enjoying Beautiful Japanese Dishes

[Date and Time] Wednesday, August 19, at 10:30~16:30
[Spots] Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, Hasedera Temple, Kotokuin Temple (Great Buddha)
[Visitors] A Canadian woman and an Australian woman (Requested by Shonan Village Center)
[Attendants] 2 KSGG members
[Language] English

At Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, cicadas were screaming for their life in summer. The guests were surprised to hear their chorus, and were delighted to see beautiful lotus flowers on the pond, after their best as they were. For lunch, they had their fill of beautiful and tasty Japanese dishes.
As it was in the middle of the Lower House election canvasses then, one of the visitors unexpectedly asked me some questions about the Japanese election system, but, to my regret, I was unable to explain it in plain English. It was a day when I really thought what a green guide I had been.