Monday, July 18, 2016
An Italian Couple Enjoy Chinatown and the Night View of Yokohama
[Date & Time] Monday (National Holiday) July 18, 13:00~20:00
[Spots] Sail Training Ship NIPPON MARU, The Landmark Tower Yokohama, CUPNOODLES MUSEUM, Red Brick Warehouse, Yamashita Park, Yokohama Chinatown
[Visitors] An Italian Couple
[Attendant] 1 KSGG member
[Language] Italian
Although a lot of members applied for guiding, I, a new member of KSGG, got a chance to take care of the visitor as they wanted an Italian speaker. I took all possible preparations so that they could enjoy the tour without any problems. The visitors stayed at a Japanese inn only for foreigners in the old town in Tokyo. I expected that they must have been tired because they had arrived the previous day. So I decided to meet them in the afternoon (though a little bit late). As it was convenient for them to go to Yokohama by taking the Toyoko Line, I decided to meet them at Bashamichi Station, the exit of which is easy to find.
The visitors enjoyed visiting various places, and they were especially pleased at the spots we visited at their request, such as CUPNOODLES MUSEUM and Yokohama Chinatown, and the night view of twilight Minato-Mirai 21 Area.
During the tour, I heard their various comments about Japan, such as courteous services, clean public restrooms, trains arriving on time, which are much better than their mother country, Italy. They also said that in Italy Japanese-style sundries were very popular.
