Monday, February 18, 2013

Factory Tour of Kawasaki Factory of Ajinomoto Co., Inc.

[Date & Time] Monday, February 18, at 13:20~15:10
[Spot] Kawasaki Factory of Ajinomoto Co., Inc.
[Participants] 50 participants
in total, including 31 KSGG members, 19 people from 12 countries, with 3 each from China and Myanmar, 2 each from France, Germany, and Japan, 1 each from the U.S., Taiwan, the Philippines, Mongolia, Vietnam, Nigeria, and Ghana 

At the building for the visitors, we listened to the explanations about the company, the Kawasaki factory, and their products beforehand.  Then we headed for the factory for Hondashi seasoning on two buses.  After we saw the automated process of producing of Hondashi through the window, we tried eating onigiri (rice ball) seasoned with Hondashi.  The following is an impression of this tour written by a foreign visitor.  I am very pleased to know that this tour was fruitful for the visitors.
 _From Ms. A. K._
I was very glad to join the Ajinomoto factory visiting. It was interesting to see how to make dashi.
I never imagine how many steps are necessary or how fast the Katsuo can swim. 
It was also nice to see how much they do for the environment.
So it was a nice opportunity to learn something about Japanese food.
I hope I can join the next event too.