
[Date & Time] Sunday, August 28, at 10:00~14:40
[Spots] Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, Hasedera Temple, and Kotokuin Temple (Great Buddha)
[Visitor] A British man, Mr. D. I.
[Attendant] 1 KSGG member
[Language] English
I started guiding my visitor from Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine. He understood my explanation very well since he had visited Meiji Jingu Shrine the day before and had read about Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, Hasedera Temple, and Kotokuin Temple on our website beforehand. As KSGG had another Kamakura guided tour on that day, we happened to see many groups of people led by other KSGG members with green caps on. As he asked me, “How many members are there in your group?” I said, “two hundred.” He looked so surprised to know that our group is so big.
We went to see the beach on the way from Hase Station. He was very pleased to see the beach, lots of swimmers, and windsurfers. When I explained to him that here used to be a port where the ships trading with China could be seen 800 years ago, he listened to me very attentively.
In Kotokuin Temple, he went to the inside of the Great Buddha as he had already seen the animation of how the Great Buddha was cast on the website of this temple. When we said good-by, he said, “I’d like to introduce KSGG activities to everyone around me by all means.” I said, “Thank you very much. I'll leave it to you. Please come to Japan with your wife and daughter next time.”